Saturday, January 15, 2011

Excitement!

Posted by Tasha

So I made a list today (as I do on most weekends) and I snuck in there "go to Barnes and Noble and look at wedding magazines" ... As most things on the list, I have not done this task. I say I "snuck" it in because even in just this short time of being engaged, I am soooo damn excited about the wedding day - yes it's more than 16 months from now - and when I start talking about it with Tigritza, she slightly (well, slightly more than slightly) gets annoyed. I ask too many questions that she has no answers to. I know that she doesn't have the answers but I'm asking because I want to start this conversation of "what do you think this and that will look like" ...

Today on Facebook we saw a video of an Indian (Hindu) straight wedding and I was inspecting the sari and I asked - "Do you like that sari? You think you'll have something similar? You want the border that wide? More gold or more red?" And well, at some point I saw she was getting a little tired of saying "I don't know" ... I just want to start planning and thinking about what we need to start doing. I know I sound like bridezilla but I'm trying super hard not to be a bridezilla to my fiancee. We have a long engagement because we agreed that our wedding is going to be hard to plan and we need lots of time for all the arrangements. I just want to start! And I don't want to be pushy. I want Tigritza to be just half as excited about the planning as I am!

We made a tentative guest list when we were on vacation which makes me really happy that know we have a rough estimate and we can picture it a little better. I want to talk about our "colors" and I want to start looking for styles of dresses - I'm particularly worried about the bridesmaid dresses since we want a blend of a sari and a dress style (they're called magic dresses - imagine a mix of these two but fancier (Magic 1 and Magic 2) ... so needless to say, we'll need to do some searching.

I can go on and on about all the things I want to get started on and this is exactly what is so overwhelming to Tigritza - there's so much and if we just tackled one thing at a time... But everything is so interconnected. Ok. I know I am being dramatic but I will seriously try to make some improvements and calm all that excitement down. I think tomorrow I'll sit with some magazines (maybe alone would be best) and get some excitement out.

.... Getting some excitement sounds like a great idea but I'm not sure if looking at one of those typical checklists will really get the excitement out of just get me insanely hyper - straight shot into planning bridezilla mode.... SORRY TIGRITZA!!!

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I have one thing to say to you:

    http://www.despair.com/proc24x30pri.html

    Lots of love,
    Your fiancee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute to function Tasha! Its all about being Bridezilla...you only get to do it once!
    Your Friend,
    I.am.Sam
    Sam.I.am xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to add this...and believe me I mean it in the least critical way ever, it's just my angry feminist side coming out, but I really dislike the term Bridezilla. I just really hate the idea that women get this label simply for CARING about how their wedding is. I mean, I know that there are some women out there who do go over the top about it...but seriously, Tasha, to me it just sounds like you're excited and happy. And that should not mean any assocations to Godzilla need to be made. You're a happy bride-to-be and that's all.
    Sorry - rant over. The term just gets to me.
    If it helps, I am sure you are the most awesome Bridezilla out there Tasha!

    On a lighter note - I love the idea of magic dresses! And I hope I'm on your tentative guest list ;)

    Lots of love to you both. Hope you don't mind my random Bridezilla tangent rant!

    ReplyDelete