Thursday, March 24, 2011

And we're back!

Posted by Tasha

Tigritza and I just got back from a close friend's wedding in England. And before that we had a short vacation in the Bahamas and between all this school work and 'real' work has been keeping us busy enough to not do any wedding planning. On a brighter note, in England, two nights before our friend's wedding, we went to a proper British pub. The combination of the alcohol and the excitement for G and P's wedding got us very excited and talking about our own wedding. Pictures in our mind are coming together to make the most beautiful and unconventional wedding yet. We are planning a big party. We even have some color ideas brewing... thinking about some bright orange and yellows. Fun fact: searching for "orange umbrella" on ebay alone returns with 199 results! Of course I look up umbrellas as I'm afraid of the rain for our April wedding! (Kenzie-editedblog-337.jpg) ... I'm convincing myself rain won't be so bad

(Image from here)

Because time has been a limited commodity, we haven't documented some important events. Most importantly, President Obama has made a historic declaration: The Department of Justice should no longer defend DOMA in further cases as it is unconstitutional. I think Tigritza will explain this further in the next post. To say we are extremely happy about this still seems like an understatement.

On our flight back from England, Tigritza and I stood in the same immigration line for non-US citizens although we typically separate and I zoom through immigration along with other US citizens. It is silly of course that we never stood in the same line but the fact that we were allowed to do that hadn't even crossed my mind. It was like a small revolution in my mind - our kids will never be separated from either of us in those lines.

Anyway, we're back and ready to start seriously looking for venues!

No comments:

Post a Comment