Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy 4 Year Anniversary ... Happy -1 Year Anniversary!

Posted by Tasha

On this day four years ago, on Friday April 13, 2007, I met Tigritza.

On this day in one year, on Friday April 13, 2012, I will marry Tigritza.

It's our last anniversary as an unwed couple and we are so incredibly excited. This past weekend we signed a lease for our new apartment in Philly! It's a gorgeous loft with the biggest kitchen I've ever seen! And this coming weekend we have our first appointment with a wedding venue (that's available on our date, lets in outside catering, allows small Hindu open flame ceremony, fits in our budget, perfect location, and loves the gays)! We are well on our way!

I was thinking about our 4 years together and the most reassuring thought that comes to mind is how our relationship was not always easy and beautiful. We struggled together, we grew and learned with and from each other, and ultimately I feel confident that together we can take on life better as a unit than individually. I'm not nervous or unsure about this at all and I feel so calm about what some call the "most important choice". Not only are we in love but we are just right for each other's quirks. We will support one another and always stand behind the other. We are a team.

Thinking about our relationship on our anniversary is such a celebration. We are so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaay! LESS than a year! This is SO SO SO exciting. I think we're about 4-6 months behind you on the count down so I'll use you guys as my barometer of when I need to get stuff done :)
    Love your little countdown thingy on the side, btw. Oh, and please blog about how the venue appointment goes. And then send me pics of the place in philly!
    Love you both lots.

    ReplyDelete