Friday, March 23, 2012

3 Weeks Away!

Posted by Tasha

Alright, so you noticed it's been a while since we've updated last... yes, over 2 months without a post! We will do our best to catch you up! It's been a busy couple of months and I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that in exactly 3 weeks, I'll be married. And if I'm being completely honest, what I mean by that: in exactly 3 weeks, all the planning, worrying, and organizing will all melt into one day of awesomeness.

I CANNOT WAIT!

And I finally understand why brides-to-be get so anxious at the end of the planning and say "I wish it was my wedding day already." It's quite simple, actually, but I didn't really understand it until now. We want the planning to end. I can't believe there are people out there who are married wedding planners! How is that possible?

An update to catch you up: In the last few months, we've actually been able to finalize a few things.
-Food: both Indian and Russian - it's about time that it's confirmed
-Cake: taste testing was way more fun than I imagined - delicious and beautiful and confirmed
-DJ: he has our list of 'dos' and 'don'ts' and our schedule of events (speeches, first dance) confirmed
-Ceremony: script has been written and perfected. Officiant is confirmed
-Photographers: and photobooth - sure to be a hit at the wedding, sooo confirmed
-Rentals: plates, linens, lighting, draping, etc - expensive as hell, but confirmed
-Rehearsal dinner: Italian anyone? mmm confirmed
-Hair appointments: lets throw in the make-up too... confirmed
-Hotels: booked and of course: confirmed
-Wedding Bands: Tigritza's not home, so I'm wearing mine now! ssshhh... gorgeous and confirmed
-Alcohol: open bar with extra ... we can't run out, it's a Russian wedding! confirmed
-Flowers: all the jars collected and dropped off. very confirmed
-Seating chart: basically done (crazy fun doing this on PowerPoint), we have all our guests confirmed!
-Henna Party: thanks to Tigritza's sister, it's gonna be confirmed

So, what's left you ask?
-Best people clothing: there have been a few hiccups along the way, but we'll iron it all out for the big day. I have to make poetry out of this, otherwise where's the bliss? Tigritza, do not edit this out, or I will shout!
-String quartet for the ceremony: can't honestly put "confirmed" on this as they are a bunch of college kids who aren't so reliable, but they have been booked.
-Crafts: an ongoing project - we'll post about this separately. We had an INCREDIBLE craft day with some local friends - more details to come.
-First dance: we've moved the table in our living room so we have extra space to practice... it's going to be the best first dance EVER - as long as I don't fall! Tigritza, don't step on my toes!
-Huppah: Lucky to have my Dad build it and my friend decorate it. Can't wait to see how it comes together. Should see the final product in a week.
-And finally, find a place to put all the gifts that have been coming in!

Doesn't seem so bad huh?

Stay tuned, we've deprived you from our posts, so you're about to experience posting overdose in the next 3 weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. Posting overdose? Lies. All lies!

    So this gift thing - where can I find what you lovelies have registered for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your "and now we're married!" post? I want to hear about everything post-wedding.

    <3 from Moscow
    V

    ReplyDelete